Monday, March 19, 2012

Why aren't my games in Steam full screen?

When I open any game that used to be full screen in Steam, such as all Half Life games, Crysis, etc, they aren't full screen. The game shows up in the center of the screen surrounded by a large black border that takes up the rest of the screen. The window's bar at the bottom is gone and so is everything else so it is as if the game is full screen, but it's only in the center of the screen. I am using a Windows Vista and this problem never existed before so I don't believe it has anything to do with the graphics card or anything like that. Please help.Why aren't my games in Steam full screen?
Add this to your Launch Properties by right-clicking on the game -%26gt; Properties-%26gt; Set launch options -%26gt; -fullscreen-%26gt; Click OK.Why aren't my games in Steam full screen?
Here's a couple things you could try:



Skype can sometimes mess with full-screen applications, so if you have Skype running either close it or change back to the default skin.



Open the console (press the ` key) and type "-dxlevel 90". This changes a setting that can get changed and alter the full-screen configuration.



Go to "My Computer \HKEY_CURRENT\Software\Petroglyph\UAWEA\鈥?then go to the ScreenRefresh setting (it's towards the bottom) and double-click. This should change it "decimal," then put in 60.



Hopefully one of these works.Why aren't my games in Steam full screen?
no idea

No comments:

Post a Comment