Friday, March 9, 2012

I just bought Crysis (1) on steam and the CD is not working?

Help what do i do i payed 10$ for this(on sale with warhead) and it took me 10Hours t download.



Will add traditional details as neededI just bought Crysis (1) on steam and the CD is not working?
It's currently broken boss. The same issue has happened to me. You can take some consolation in the knowledge that we are not alone in our suffering as there are currently 47 pages worth of people afflicted by this issue over at the Steam forums.



Check it out baby:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1875468



What can you and I do about this? Not a whole lot. There's a solution posted at:

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,11525.msg178832.html#msg178832



That requires editing you system registry and it apparently doesn't work for everyone. If you're not comfy with that I totally understand. What I can tell you at this time is that Valve is saying "uhhh this is EA's problem!" and EA is saying "This isn't OUR fault!". I'm sure they're working on a solution and although we don't like doing so, we are just going to have sit on our hands and wait for these gents to work it all out.I just bought Crysis (1) on steam and the CD is not working?
I never downloaded from steam before but if its done downloading did you go to the steam account and go to the games tab and activate the game by punching in a activation code? I think they send you a actvation code in your email.

So if you get your keycode in the email go to game tab, then go to activate game, gray screen will come up then you hit next button, you agree to license agreement, punch in your keycode, then i think you hit next again and just keep doing what it says and so on...

So I guess if you have a retail keycode then you would punch that in.
Go to Steam Libary tab, then games tab, activate game option, next, agree to license agreement, next, punch in keycode they gave you, next...

Is this working for you%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;?

No comments:

Post a Comment